Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: In dire need of advice

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    Mr. Colour

    Your using an awfully high speed film for shooting outside, but if you use a nd filter, it should help. Im not sure if that particular camera has a manual override for exposure, but I would suggest using it. Also, their is plus x film which is asa 40. That would help for outside shooting.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chrust19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 16th, 2000
    Posts
    47
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've shot auto before, my film was absolutely beautiful, but i did have a finer grain film. I'm pritty sure i shot the plus-x @ 40, which was mentioned previously. I agree with the others, a slower speed would be optimum, for hot shots. Better luck next time.
    Christi

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Fade From Colour's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 23rd, 2000
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    I did a test reel using my canon 518 zoom and realised that because it has auto exposure, every shot using any kind of blondie and all shots outside in sunlight was way overexposed. I was using tri x 200 ASA film. I am having trouble getting batteries for it as it is an old camera and the battery is supposed to be 1.3v x 2. Does anyone know if this type of battery still exists and if so has anyone shot with auto exposure before?

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know that you can get the battery. Call Irv Higdon in California 1-800-318-3259. He has all sorts of batteries. What you need to remember also is that it is never a good idea to shoot at the extremes of your aperature. Try to get a set of ND's for your lens. Try to shoot at all times at about a 5.6 to 8. This is what I was taught back in the day and it has never failed me yet. Good Luck

  5. #5
    Inactive Member shreddog's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2000
    Posts
    9
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi I have experienced your pain with the 518.
    I have however learned a few things about its exposure. It has a manual adjustment on the grip but will only work with the right battery. I found an adapter that works. But have since stopped useing that camera .I have no need as of now for the battery. Unfortunatly
    it cost me 40 bucks for the adapter and I wont part with them for anything less ,because of the hunt I went on for these little things . If you want them i sell em but you could buy a better camera for twice the price that doesn't need them. Shreddog email me at [email protected]


    [This message has been edited by shreddog (edited October 30, 2000).]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •